Meet Your Coach!
What inspired you to pursue Health coaching?
I am inspired to be a health coach because:
- I have struggled with weight and body image throughout my life. I want to help people overcome these issues and empower themselves to live their best life.
- My husband is battling cancer and I am determined to help him, and others, heal in a holistic way
- We are living in a time where children are not expected to outlive their parents due to lifestyle diseases such as Obesity, Heart Disease and Diabetes. I am committed to working alongside my professional network of health coaches to make a healthier planet by changing the lives of our future generations.
How did you get started doing this type of work?
After many years of "dieting", I gradually moved towards a Holistic approach to wellness through online research. I experimented with many forms of eating and exercise in search of a healthy lifestyle. Additionally, I started running and got the race bug. During this time, I was running high end restaurants that featured local, sustainable ingredients. A few years ago, I moved towards fast casual concept restaurants that featured more affordable menu options that did not match the wholesomeness of the foods I was used to serving. One day, I decided I could not sell another order of cheese fries - I felt like a fraud preaching healthy eating while selling commercial fried foods. That was my turning point. There were too many regular customers that really had no idea how they were hurting themselves and I want to help people get educated and develop healthy habits to make better choices that will keep them happy. I enrolled in the IIN program and the rest is history.
What is your typical process for working with a new customer?
We begin with a complimentary Discovery Session where we discuss your needs and goals. At the end of this session, we discuss if and how my program will benefit you. If you chose to move forward, we sign you up and schedule regular sessions that are convenient for you.
What types of clients have you worked with?
I have worked with clients between the ages of 14 - 55 of varying education, income and fitness levels. Although all clients get individualized programs through coaching, the focus has always been small sustainable changes guided by the client. These changes resulted in weight loss regardless of whether or not it was an intended goal.
What do you do in your free time?
- I’m a runner and I love to run trail races & mud runs.
- I love to cook and am constantly experimenting with new produce, super foods and recipes
- I have also been experimenting with DIY beauty products - my homemade shower gel "Sol Suds" & Lemon-Rosemary "Sol Scrub" have been well received by family and friends!
What would you like readers to know about you and why?
I am my mother’s daughter.
An orphan raised in a convent, my mom emigrated from Spain at the age of 17 to pursue her dreams. She arrived in this country without knowing English, armed only with the tenacity to build her future. We were a blue collar family. She worked tirelessly to ensure that her children had the best education she could provide. She encouraged a rigorous academic schedule, participation in extracurricular activities, celebration of our cultural heritage, and spiritual growth. My siblings and I have accomplished our dreams because she never allowed our financial situation to hold us back. She ensured that we applied for any possible scholarships, and took advantage of every opportunity, even if it meant more overtime for her. We have all traveled different paths and become successful in our fields. I believe that I am a product of my mother’s guidance and love and am fortunate to have had such unconditional support from her. I think it’s so important to acknowledge the people who have helped us become the people we are today.
PS: I'm the teen on the right with the 'tude!